Cockram takes a proactive approach to sustainability.
We aim to be a sustainable organisation and we work with clients and suppliers to ensure that all our endeavours are strategically and culturally implemented to achieve:
- economically sustainable development,
- protection of the environment, and
- social enrichment.
Cockram’s commitment to sustainability can be shown by many examples of best practice across the group, including:
- We have initiated training for key senior staff members who are now accredited Green Star ™ professionals. Green Star ™ is the officially recognised environmental rating system for buildings in Australia, led by the Green Building Council of Australia.
- We operate under an accredited AS/NZS ISO14001:2004 management system in Australia and we develop project specific Environmental Management Plans (EMP).
- We have constructed numerous environmentally sustainable buildings in Australia and overseas. We are familiar with the Australian Green Star requirements and LEED requirements in the Americas and China.