Scenario Cockram have successfully completed many Design and Construct Rockwork projects for the Themed Environment Sector.
Our scope includes the Design and 3D modelling of Rock Work form and production of metal fabric from which the Rock Work takes its shape. On site duties include structural steel installation to support the Rock Work form, Cementitious applications and final Painting of the Rock Work. Contracts include trade partnership in Integrated Project Delivery IPD contracts and D&C contracts, with projects as large as 700,000sq ft of Rock Work.
Cockram Scenario was the first vendor to be substantially complete with the show set scope of work at the Shanghai Disney Resort on Pirates of the Caribbean. Cockram was also engaged in various contract models to deliver the Main Entry and Gardens precinct of the Disney Shanghai Project.
Cockram Scenario managed over 500 workers (Sub Contractors and Direct Employees) by Management resources and provided specialty craftsman from China and the Asia region in order to achieve the quality and schedule requirements of Disney.
Treasure Cove was the largest show set scope within the park
- Project – TREASURE COVE SHANGHAI
- 24 Months – for Design and Production
- Delivered on schedule and in budget
Cockram was asked to grow the base contract and take on the following additional scopes
- Fiberglass icon characters for Hotels 1&2 Production / Installation
- Treasure Cove Signage Production / Installation
- Show action doors and platforms Fabrication / Installation
- Treasure Cove (term contract)
- Fantasyland Signage Production / Installation (term contract)
- Main Entry Garden (Program / Construction Management)
- Main Entry Gardens (term contract – Construction)
- Woodland Gardens Rockwork (term contract – Construction)
- Mickey Avenue (term contract – Construction)
Lights, Camera, Action
Universal Studios Singapore
Role: Turn Key Show Contractor – production and installation
Scope: Design Development, BIM Management and integration, Shop Drawings, Manufacturing, Show Control, SFX, Animatronics, SAE, Lighting, AV (Audio Video), Installation Supervision, Testing and Commissioning and Handover and close out to Owner.
Project Description & BIM Usage:
- Design development from 2D concept to fully integrated 3D models & detailed shop drawings.
- All show elements were modelled and coordinated in 3D.
- Fully lit and textured 3D guest point of view animation was used for creative coordination and definition of art direction intent
- Fire and water effect particle and fluid simulations were carried out to define show experience
- Weekly big room meetings were held with all project participants (contractors and specialty trades like Audio, Video, Lighting, Special Effects, Show Control).
- Technical drawings were derived directly from the 3D models to guarantee spatial accuracy.
- BIM was used during installation (survey of as built conditions and clash detection carried out to anticipate issues and find solutions before hitting the field)
Cockram have provided Project Management Services for the Bio-Pharma sector since 2001. Currently we are providing services into the Themed Environment, Data Centre and Pharma-Bio sectors.
Cockram have completed Project management services in Bahrain for Health care and completed with the Scenario company themed environments projects in UAE