Our operations in the Australian building industry date back to 1861. Cockram Construction was founded as Thomas Cockram & Co in 1861, and later as Thomas Cockram and Sons. KG Hooker Builders was founded in 1950.
The two organisations came together in 1985 and family ownership of the company ceased in the early 80s. From 1985 to today the company has been management owned and operated.
In 2011 we celebrate 150 years of operations and returned to our founding heritage with a name change to Cockram Corporation.
Our background includes many historic, landmark Melbourne buildings
built during the late 1800’s such as:
- The Princess Theatre
- Grand Hotel (The Windsor)
- Victorian Government School No. 450, Fitzroy
- Rebuild of Captain Cook’s Cottage in Fitzroy Gardens
- Eastern Hill Fire Station
Cockram expanded into the International arena in 1992 with our China office.
Since then we have added the following business expansions:
- Sydney-New South Wales in 1995.
- Michigan USA 2000
- Puerto Rico USA 2000
- Brisbane, Queensland 2009
- India 2007