Safety is the foundation of all our operations. We operate in the knowledge that we must continually challenge and improve our safety performance, we list some of our recent initiatives.
We have implemented our own Safety brand, STOP;
- We have achieved DLIQ certification AS/NZS 4801:2001 for occupational health and safety and AS/NZS ISO 14001:2004 for environmental management in Australia;
- We have a number of industry awards for safety including Master Builders Association Excellence in Health and Safety Award in 2008, for the Monash University STRIP Stage 2 Project in Victoria and in 2006 for Blacktown Stadium in New South Wales;
- We reached 7 million hours without a lost time injury on the DOW R&D Center at Shanghai, China;
- We reached 2 million hours without a lost time injury on the Pfizer Animal Health, API and Utilities projects at Mumbai, India;
- We have constructed many ABGR Green Star ™ Rated buildings, including 88 George Street in Sydney, the first Heritage-listed building to achieve a 5-Star Green Star ™ rated building in Australia.
We plan to operate incident and injury-free and we are committed to realising this across all of our divisions. To support this positive safety culture we have developed a robust safety and risk management system which drives continuous safety improvement targeted at the early identification of potential workplace hazards. We believe…
- Safety systems by themselves will not create an accident-free work environment.
- A company-wide safety culture that motivates and empowers employees to behave safely and ensure that their own safety is not compromised is the cornerstone of achieving safety excellence throughout the Company.
- Every Cockram staff member has the empowered obligation to stop and review any behaviour or situation that they consider unsafe.
- A positive workplace safety culture can be facilitated by the leadership and active involvement of senior Cockram management.
- Every staff member, employee and contractor engaged on Cockram projects has a responsibility to think of their own safety and for that of others.
We are committed to:
- Incorporating Safety and Occupational Health management into all aspects of the business.
- Communicating effectively our safety policy and procedures to all stakeholders.
- Providing appropriate safety training and awareness to all Cockram people.
- Complying with statutory obligations.
Cockram is committed to ensuring the environment is not compromised by activities undertaken by the organisation. We develop and implement an Environmental Management Plan for each project to address the specific environmental risks of the project the application of best practice for that project. Key Indicators of environmental management performance are monitored through:
- Regulatory compliance with relevant legislation.
- Establishment and incorporation of Best Practice for environmental management.
- Personnel training and environmental awareness for all personnel and staff.
- Clear definition of roles and obligations, and empowerment of the individual to act on issues of environmental management.
- Clear and concise communication with employees, sub-contactors, client personnel and regulatory bodies regarding environmental objectives and regulatory compliance.
Cockram is an advocate of the recognised principles of sustainable development in relation to waste minimisation, pollution control, energy and resource conservation and preservation of ecological systems, flora and fauna.
For copies of our Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Policies, please click below: