Project works involved the refurbishment of a number of existing heritage buildings. Some of the buildings were refurbished into PC2 laboratories including installation of temperature control rooms and a sea water reticulation system.
– Building 2 – AV system installation
– Building 11 – wet lab & temperature control room’s installation.
– Building 19 – demolition of most internal walls including asbestos removal, new mezzanine structure & roof framing, new roofing, new walls & finishes through-out, new exterior deck, new internal stairs, new external ramp & stairs, new rainwater plumbing system, solar panel hot water & general electrical service upgrade.
– Building 21- New external deck access & AV refurbishment
– Building 22 – demolition & general refurbishment of PC2 labs
– Building 23 – demolition & general refurbishment of PC2 labs
The facility for SIMS is partnered with Macquarie University, University of New South Wales, University of Sydney and The University of Technology Sydney.